Riedell Blue Streak Boot
The signature Riedell Blue Streak series has been years in the making, and tested by the best skaters in the sport of Roller Derby. Specifically designed to be durable, but with an easier break-in process than standard high-grain leather boots. Powered by performance features that allow a skater to progress with propelled functionality and overall prowess.
- Soft Kanga-Tan black leather upper to ease break in period
- Innovative split quarter pattern
- Full grain Chinook leather lining
- 2 slit “fox” tongue – to reduce tongue rotation white skating
- HF-5 heat mouldable outside quarter right boot
- Snug ankle tie
- Finger loop backstay
- Blue line midsole
- Simplest and easiest to repair heel snug strap
- Genuine Shearling tongue to reduce top-of-foot pressure and lace bite
- Stitched and cemented leather outsoles
- Split toe for more room that also holds up to general vulnerability
- Hand-made in the U.S.A.
In the sport of Roller Derby, the boot nirvana is to have the skate be an extension of the leg. To make it feel like the boot is just part of your foot and is so light you don’t even notice it is there. To achieve this, a very snug fit is called for, but who wants to lose their toenails or turn the skin on their feet to ribbons? The design of the Blue Streak has all the support and tried and true features of the original Riedell 595 boot, with upgrades to ease the break in period and make the boot feel like a comfortable slipper, but with supreme durability. This is old school for a whole new generation of derby.
These boots are a game changer, and Roller Derby will never be the same again!